Packer – Avgol Nonwovens
Posting End Date:
How to Apply:
Job Title: Packer Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: Production Reports to: Crew Supervisor
Job Summary: Receive product from Slitter to prepare for transfer to warehouse
* Collect sample from first shaft for lab to check for quality
* Measure width and diameter.
* Inform slitter operator is off-spec
* Cut and tape end of roll
* Remove edge trim and place on cart
* Move shaft to packing table
* Remove spacers and inspect for damage
* Attach proper core labels
* Select correct number of rolls, attach edge protection, end caps, and bundle with stretch wrap using slip sheet to protect hygiene of product
* Push bundle to turnover table
* Inspect for debris throughout entire process
* Assist with pulling meltblown and spun bond when needed
* Quality – Ensures quality by continually watching for any abnormality and reporting it timely
* Safety – follows company procedures and uses material and equipment per manufacturers’ directions
* Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma, (or a GED) or equivalent experience is required. Additionally, he/she must possess good problem solving skills, basic math skills, along with good interpersonal skills. Working harmoniously with co-workers while exhibiting a “can-do” attitude is critical to success. Employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a somewhat frequent basis.
Work area is a manufacturing environment which is not climate controlled year round with noise levels ranging from moderate to loud requiring hearing protection.