Estimator – Davie Construction Company
Posting End Date:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
• Assist Chief Estimator in bidding process including: bid list, monitor subs/vendors, prepare bid form, etc.
• Send ITB’s through Pantera.
• Assist in Service Agreements with Architect and Engineers
• Participate in turn-over meetings by preparing agenda and recording/distributing minutes.
• Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
• Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
• Track awarded contracts as required.
• Research and expand vendors/subcontractors in new and existing markets.
• Monitor and maintain bidding schedule.
• Essential to offer effective levels of customer service to create client satisfaction.
• Safety is the responsibility of each and every employee
• Management has right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the job at any time.
• Education/Experience – Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Extensive experience in similar facility construction estimating and related functions plus thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts required.
• Certificates/License Requirements – Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business forms, journals, technical drawings, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Can multi-task and Prioritize.
• Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge and experience in MS Office Suite. Knowledgeable in Viewpoint Software, Construction Accounting, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam, on-screen takeoff software, and CRM desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
• Person in this position needs to be able to move about a job site location and inside the office.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
• Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with other employees.
• Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Exposed to outdoor weather conditions