Assembler – ComfortBilt
Posting End Date:
How to Apply:
Requirements of the job are considered to be the minimum in nature and will vary depending on the production unit assigned. Assembles metal and screen products, such as doors and windows, partially or completely. Cuts and punches screen and metal materials to be assembled later in the process. Cuts and processes various sizes and styles of soft plate glass. Working on shop floor by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as determined by the company.
1. Positions and assembles parts according to knowledge of product being assembled or by following established processes or procedures.
2. Fastens parts together with clinching presses, screws, rivets, or other fasteners. Uses glue and staples to seal cardboard packages.
3. Operates various types of screw guns, peener, packagers, computers, tape measures, bowl feeders, air hammers, rocket roller, splining wheels, glass press, utility knife, putty knife, snips, drill presses, sawing equipment, punch presses, laminating, riveting machines, clinching presses, sawing equipment, jigs, fixtures, small hand tools and other fasteners.
4. Performs quality checks on products manufactured and at times, checks the work of others.
5. Utilizes required safety equipment, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), deemed necessary in company facilities to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
6. Perform job requirements and operate equipment within safety guidelines and reports any nonconformance.
7. Trains other workers in the skills acquired in the performance of the job.
8. Maintains acceptable attendance record and follows Comfort Bilt security policies.
9. Must abide by all Comfort Bilt policies.
10. Rotation required for most job assignments.
11. Will be required to move to other work groups and hours of work as needed to meet staffing requirements and customer demands.
12. Read and comprehend simple instructions from production standards, memos or other correspondence.
13. Write simple instructions or correspondence as needed.
14. Must be courteous and maintain a good working relationship with supervisors and co-workers.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an Assembler. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an Assembler. An Assembler may be asked to perform other duties as required.