9-1-1 Telecommunicator (Night Shift) – County of Davie
Posting End Date:
How to Apply:
(NIGHT SHIFT – ENTRY LEVEL)
Davie County Communications
Description of Work: This position performs skilled call taking and dispatching work in the Davie County Emergency Communications call center. An employee in this position is responsible for processing emergency and non-emergency calls for service for all Davie emergency services and vital non-emergency agencies instituted by Davie County and all the municipalities within its boundaries. Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Able to work in a high stress environment.
• Able to multitask, tracking multiple calls and responding agency with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to assist responding agency with the geographical locations that compose Davie County.
• Able to assist citizens in times of crisis and ensure proper services are met.
• Able to document essential call information for legal purposes through the centers Computer Added Dispatch (CAD) software.
• Able to utilize the communications CAD system software, the 911 Vesta phone systems, and be proficient in radio dispatch techniques.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of Davie County in a 24 hour, 7 day, 365 days a year Communications Center operation.
• Be reliable, dependable and report for work on a consistent basis.
Education and Experience
• GED/ High school education or higher.
• Experience as a public-safety telecommunicator in a police, fire, and EMS or consolidated emergency communications center is desired but not required.
Licenses and Certificates
• Must obtain and maintain certifications as Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD), (When implemented) Emergency Fire Dispatch, (When implemented) Emergency Police Dispatch and Division of Criminal Information Modules 1-3 with 90 days (depending on class availability).
• Valid North Carolina Driver License.
• Current American Heart Association CPR Certification.
Salary: Grade 62 – $29,280
Apply online at www.daviecountync.gov under Employment
This is a safety-sensitive position and therefore will be subject to random drug screenings