21st Century Middle School Program Counselor Davie Family YMCA – Davie Family YMCA
Posting End Date:
Full Job Description:
Are you a Cause-Driven Leader with a passion for Youth Development? The Program Counselor is responsible for leading up to 15 middle school students in an interactive environment including, but not limited to, activities such as science, arts, humanities, service learning projects, games, crafts, swimming, field trips, fitness and character development. Enthusiastic personality required! The program counselor will be responsible for the safety and well-being of children and must be reliable and a good role model.
Schedule is the end of the school day until 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, with meetings and event coverage on select nights and weekends.
For more information please contact Matt Housman (email@example.com)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Builds effective, authentic relationships with students; helps them connect with academic and enrichment material, each other and the YMCA.
– Engages students in academics and projects.
– Encourages students to build positive life skills.
– Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
– Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
– Ensures that the curriculum is followed, materials organized and supplies put away daily. Reports damaged equipment.
– Other responsibilities as needed.
– CPR/First Aid/AED – must obtain certification within the first 90 days of employment and maintain a current certification thereafter.
– One to two years of related experience is preferred.